Cartoon Guy Holding Stack Of Books


ABC Blocks

An exchange of property to put off capital gain taxes, in which the funds are placed in a binding trust for up to 180 days while the seller acquires an “exchanged” (another similar) property, pursuant to irs code sec. 1031. it is sometimes called a “starker” after the man who first used this method and survived an irs lawsuit.

Was This Term Helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main Glossary page.