What if my documents need to
be translated before I get them
apostilled or authenticated?

If you need a document translated before you get it apostilled or authenticated you will need to hire a Texas notary public (it cannot be a notary from any other state or country) to witness the translator who translated your documents sign the translation documents.

The original document being translated would need to be submitted to us along with the properly notarized translated document copy in order to be apostilled or authenticated by the State of Texas.

Please note the Texas public notary CANNOT also be the translator on your documents (sometimes a translator is also a licensed notary public), you must have two separate people (Texas notary public + translator) sign your translator documents.

Was This FAQ Helpful?

2 out of 2 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main FAQ page.