Can I get a document apostilled
or authenticated in Texas in a
non-English foreign language?


The Texas Secretary of State will issue an apostille or authentication certificate on any non-recordable document that is in a foreign language as long as it’s properly notarized by a Texas notary public.

But the entire notary jurat or acknowledgment text must be in English it cannot be in any non-English language.

If you have a Texas recordable document (birth certificate, death certificate, marriage license, marriage certificate, divorce certificate, divorce decree, TXDPS criminal background check, etc.) that has been translated into another non-English language you must have the original English version attached to the translated copy and it must be properly signed by a translator and a Texas notary public.

Was This FAQ Helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main FAQ page.