Where do I get
the Hague apostille?

To receive a Hague apostille certificate in the United States you first need to figure out if your document is classified as a state or federal level document and to what foreign country are your documents being submitted and sent?

If your legal documents are considered federal (like an FBI criminal background check report) then they can only be filed at the U.S Department of State in Washington D.C which is the only government entity that issues federal apostille and authentication certificates.

If your legal documents are considered state (like a birth certificate) then they can only be filed at one of the 50 Secretary of State offices of where the document originated from and/or was notarized in. Meaning if you were born in Texas but now live in California you can only get an apostille or authentication certificate issued on that Texas birth certificate from the Texas Secretary of State.

Was This FAQ Helpful?

1 out of 1 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main FAQ page.