How to apostille a
document in USA?

To apostille a document in USA you need to know three different things.

– For what foreign country are you submitting or presenting your documents to?

– What type of legal document is it? A recordable document or a non-recordable document?

– In what U.S state was your recordable document issued from or non-recordable document notarized in?

Once you know those three things you will need to go through the Secretary of State of the state where the documents were issued from and originated from and/or the U.S Department of State if it’s a federal document (ex: FBI criminal background check) or the country is not part of The Hague Convention Treaty (ex: UAE, Canada) then your documents must get a federal authentication certificate then a document legalization certificate from that countries embassy or consulate.

Was This FAQ Helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main FAQ page.