Who can legalize and
attest documents?

In the United States only U.S foreign embassy, consular, and consulate offices can legalize documents for individuals and companies.

Public notaries, lawyers, judges, translators, secretaries of state, and the U.S Department of State DO NOT and CANNOT issue document legalizations and attestations.

Was This FAQ Helpful?

1 out of 1 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main FAQ page.