Do I need to provide you with a
photo ID to legalize documents
at a U.S foreign embassy?

Yes and no.

90% of the time U.S foreign embassies and consulates in Washington D.C do not require you to provide them with some sort of photo identification.

But for a handful of countries most importantly the China Embassy will require you to submit photocopies of your passport (top and bottom panels) along with your documents. The Chinese Embassy also requires a document legalization application form to be filled out by you that we can send you the link to.

Was This FAQ Helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main FAQ page.