What type of documents need
to get notarized before I can
apostille or authenticate them?

Any type of document that does not appear in the official records of any government office or in publicly recorded records of a governing body is considered a non-recordable document by the Texas Secretary of State.

You will need to hire us or use another Texas notary public to properly notarize your non-recordable documents before you can mail or drop off your documents at our Austin, TX office to apostille or authenticate.

Non-recordable documents are legal documents such as power of attorneys, wills, trusts, lease agreements, K-12, high school or college degrees, diplomas, transcripts, or records, affidavits, contracts, leases, translation and translated documents, consent forms, travel forms, utility bills, bill of sales, agreements, shipping records, immigration and adoption paperwork, and ID photocopies like driver’s licenses, passports, visas, and social security cards.

Was This FAQ Helpful?

1 out of 3 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main FAQ page.