Cartoon Guy Holding Stack Of Books

Effluxion of Time

ABC Blocks

In real estate law, the property retained when the owner splits off and conveys part of the property to another party but retains some rights such as an easement for access (a driveway) or utilities. the property sold off upon which there is the easement is called the servient estate. these are also called dominant tenement and servient tenement, respectively.

Was This Term Helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main Glossary page.